by Jan Cox
This week I have been in a fog, maybe even a funk. And yes the picture above is a blur. That is how I have felt. I have had breathing problems this month in Arizona. The pollen doesn’t like me. I am best when I am indoors, which is not pleasant because it is beautiful outside.
I kept telling myself that God has a plan. I am believing that He will heal me, lead me to the right medications and I can conquer this. In the meantime I am relying on Him for peace and trying hard to let the risen Christ live in me.
Frustration arises and I must push it down. I take the time to pray, to rest and to study.
Oswald Chambers says that we don’t understand ourselves with Christ until we know and accept the risen Christ. Then our eyes will be opened and we will see. But not until:
“The life of the risen Christ dominates you.”
And he says:
“God cannot reveal anything to us if we have not His Spirit” (Oswald Chambers April 7).
I also read from James.
“So don’t try to get out of anything prematurely. Let it do its work so you become mature and well-developed… pray to the Father. He loves to help…Ask boldly, believing without a second thought” (James 1:2-4 The Message).
This told me that I needed to use this time to study more.
Open my eyes, Lord, to see and know You. To plead for myself and to intercede for others. Help me NOT to be lukewarm. Rekindle the flame of fire in my heart.
I know I have not been HOT for You, God. I have been going through the motions; throwing up a name or two; asking for healing for myself. But I am missing the passion in my speech. I am dull, weary and frustrated.
Awake my Soul – that kept coming into my head. And so I sang Awakening by Chris Tomlin.
And now I am full again – healing is beginning and my soul sings.
Thank you Lord for the Hard Eucharisteo – for the times that remind me to lean on You. The more I lean on You the closer I get to the Risen Christ. Help me to find the passion to look to You more and more. In Jesus’ name. AMEN.
My Gratitude List – Counting to 2000. I am at 1213
- memorizing tap dances – good for my brain
- clear thinking – most days
- daughter and son-in-law bought a trailer in a park – fun times ahead
- learning to cope with allergies in the desert
- “Trust in the Lord with all your heart” (Proverbs 3:5)
- friends who pray
- “Surplus wealth is a sacred truth to be managed for the good of others.” Andrew Carnegie
- when you start giving, stuff starts happening
- Easter – He is Risen. He is Risen, indeed.
- Great sermon called Nick and Joe save Easter – wrote a blog about it
- email from my Naturopath with new ideas for my allergies
- new grandbaby is 11 pounds, 11 ounces
- a priceless picture – HANDS
Jan, a former school teacher and small business owner, found a new passion in writing in her retirement. She has published two devotionals and a number of articles for magazines and a Bible study. She is owner of Under the Cover of Prayer and moderates the site. She also writes at A Better Way. Jan is working on a couple children’s books in which she is also the watercolour illustrator.