How Did I find God or How Did He Find Me?
By Janis Cox
As some of you might know I have written and illustrated a children’s book called Tadeo Turtle. When thinking about Tadeo and his problem I recalled that in my past life I could identify with him.
When I reached the age of 50 I realized that I had fallen into worldly ways. I had tried to “fit in” with others. I belonged to clubs in which I didn’t believe what they stood for. I tried to be like others so they would like me. I read books others liked. I found myself going down a slippery slope.
I became empty. I couldn’t figure out why I lived. What was my purpose in life?
“Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness,
for they will be filled” (Matthew 5:6 NIV).
Praise the Lord, He came after me.
“You didn’t choose me, remember; I chose you, and put you in the world to bear fruit, fruit that won’t spoil. As fruit bearers, whatever you ask the Father in relation to me, he gives you” (John 15:16 The Message).
I know He came after me. I felt driven to ask questions; to seek out a new church; to pray.
When I look back I can see how God spoke to me and blessed me before I really turned back to Him.
All I needed to know He showed me.
I am special to Him.
I started read the Psalms and found these words:
“How well God must like you—
you don’t hang out at Sin Saloon,
you don’t slink along Dead-End Road,
you don’t go to Smart-Mouth College” (Psalm 1:1, The Message).
Then in Zephaniah.
“Your God is present among you,
a strong Warrior there to save you.
Happy to have you back, he’ll calm you with his love
and delight you with his songs” (Zephaniah 3:17, The Message).
God spoke to me.
He created me; loved me and wanted to have me back.
Thanks be to God. Is He speaking to you? Are you listening?
I pray for those who do not know you, yet. I ask that you lead and guide them just as you did me. Entice them to get to know you. In Jesus’ name. AMEN.
Continuing to Count my Blessings to 2000. I am at 1898.
- thank yous – I love thank yous
- receiving a card of encouragement
- selling my first book
- Great Bible Study at Bible Babes
- dancing to a tribute Beachboys band – so much fun
- praying for the US election
- selling my first book through my website
- hearing answered prayers
- not one drop of rain in the desert – awesome weather for us
- Beth Moore and Melissa Moor Fitzpatrick – Study called James: Mercy Triumphs
- putting up my first Pinterest
- meeting a woman at a garage sale and promising to pray for her and her Mom
- remembering tap dance steps after an 8-month hiatus
- good garage sale finds – bookstands for displays
- an old sewing machine that works
- James 1:17 “ Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows.”
- my daughter selling my books
- cute Hallowe’en pictures from all three kids and their families
- Snowball out trick or treating
- 1:30 am talk with Jesus
- prayers for the US election – Your will Lord
- a fear alleviated by God’s peace and an answer
- making stuffed Tadeos
- fingers and toes NOT sore
- the peace that only God can bring
- How Can Apostle Paul Pray for Us? (underthecoverofprayer.wordpress.com)
- What Comes Out of Your Mouth? (underthecoverofprayer.wordpress.com)