What Comes Out of Your Mouth?
Every time I think, act, and speak negative thoughts I make a curse that Satan grabs for his evil purposes. (by the way – this includes gossiping)
This plays out in our families, at work and in politics. Everywhere we interact with another human being we open doors to God or to Satan.
We see the negative results in emotional and physical illnesses.
“Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof” (Proverbs 18:21 NIV).
I am learning (slowly), but it takes practice and more practice; prayer and more prayer; study and more study.
What comes out of your mouth? Blessings or curses.
Lord continue to work in me teaching me to say blessings and not curses. Teach me self-control. Forgive me when I fail. In Jesus’ name. AMEN.
Praying Revelation 22:3:
“And there shall be no more curses: but the throne of God and the Lamb shall be in it: and his servants shall serve him” (Rev. 22: 3, NIV).
I am currently reading Spiritual Warfare by Drs Piscopos.
My Gratitude List for this week – Counting to 2000
- renewing acquaintances here in Arizona
- getting settled quietly with no rush
- amazing water pressure in the desert
- clear blue skies
- Tadeo is at the printers
- encouragement from friends
- winning 2 books
- reading one of the books won – Holy Nomad by Matt Litton and saying yes yes yes
- Skypeing my daughter back in Canada
- dinner out with friends
- Colossians 1:6 – memorized “All over the world this Gospel is bearing fruit and growing, just as it has been doing among you since you heard about God’s grace in all its truth”… by memory.
- meeting new friends
- time to get back to painting
- a new Beth Moore study – James, Mercy Triumphs
- walking at night under the stars – no bugs, no coat and no sweater
- flowers in October in Arizona
- friends who care about other people
- Michael Bull Roberts
– going to speak into the hearts of children in our schools
- wonderful son who helped me figure out a WordPress problem
Jan, a former school teacher and small business owner, found a new passion in writing in her retirement. She has published two devotionals and a number of articles for magazines and a Bible study. She is owner of Under the Cover of Prayer and moderates the site. Jan has completed a children’s book called Tadeo Turtle. She is the watercolour illustrator. Word Alive will be publishing this story and it will be available October 2012. See more about Tadeo at Jan’s Website.